Boyd Caton Group (bcg) is seeking a full-time Content Creator and Communications Specialist to work in Charlottesville, VA. We are seeking an outgoing, engaging, and detail-oriented individual that can turn our valuable content into communications through social channels AND training materials for employee development. This unique position requires excellent writing and communication skills and will challenge the successful candidate to draw on their skills to use various platforms and tools to accomplish this key mission. The position requires a high energy level, positive and confident attitude, and a client-first, team-first approach.
In coordination with bcg management and experts, the Content Creator and Communications Specialist will strategize, design, and deliver engaging, persuasive, professional content—from work product to training material and branding materials—in person and via diverse digital platforms, including web-based resources, blog posts, and social media.
The successful candidate is a dynamic, experienced technical content creator and presenter who produces accurate, clear, concise, and aesthetically-pleasing deliverables. She or he will be someone with drive and a deep understanding of the ways in which strategy and content are effectively constructed and communicated. Content must be written in plain language; free of typographical, grammatical, spelling, punctuation, formatting, and other errors. Experience working with Adobe design and training tools is also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in providing technical writing support.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; including presenting.
- Demonstrated ability to create immaculate technical content clearly and concisely in “plain language.”
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and Adobe Suite, and other graphic creation applications and techniques.
- Ability to synthesize information and convey complex concepts in simple terms.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in communication, including digital media.
- Detail orientation, teamwork, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience working directly with clients, ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently, strategize high-profile assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. bcg provides health and dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, and a matching retirement IRA option. bcg participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are invited to send resume, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references to employment AT boydcatongroup.com.