The people at Boyd Caton Group, Inc. don’t just consult and develop products — they create solutions that positively impact the lives of others. Our thriving employees relentlessly pursue the opportunity to bring value to the lives of our clients and the industries we serve, as well as each other. Through diversity of ideas and focused ideals, our people build relationships on principles of service and gratitude.
We are looking for an outstanding, collaborative and ambitious individual to expand our footprint and deliver excellence in Safety Management Systems (SMS) consulting. In this role, you will be responsible for developing, implementing, and managing various initiatives and products that will drive SMS forward in the transportation industry and beyond. The role is highly collaborative and client-facing and requires working with multiple subject matter experts across a broad range of SMS topics.
We need a special individual with demonstrable experience of navigating the required shifts in leadership, employees, and systems necessary to turn safety performance into a business function.
Must Have's (the successful candidate will address these in their resume):
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years’ experience in carrying out responsibilities identified above
- Demonstrable experience conducting formal safety risk assessments
- Proven experience in evaluating safety risk and determining appropriate mitigations
- Proven experience in developing safety performance indicators to determine the effectiveness of safety risk mitigations
- Project Management – ability to manage product development efforts and collaborate effectively to develop high-quality products and tools
- Risk Analytics – proficient in developing reports and tools that help identify trends, clarify risks, and support fact-based decision-making
- User-Oriented Design – skilled in generating and vetting ideas to enhance the user experience in documents, web content, and presentations (the proven capacity to develop and deliver effective and aesthetically pleasing visual materials)
- U.S. citizenship
- Experience in transportation sector (public transit, pipeline, aviation). Public transit experience is a plus, but not a requirement
How you will help us:
- Work with executives and industry experts to develop SMS policy and guidance materials that are effective and user-friendly
- Help develop and facilitate executive safety review processes that allow leadership to effectively identify, assess and mitigate safety risk and monitor safety performance
- Research and evaluate safety management trends and practices across industries and other countries
- Support development of industry-wide strategies for improving safety performance with quantitative outcome targets
- Develop templates, handbooks, e-Tutorials and other assistance materials
- Support the piloting of developed tools, materials and assistance in the industries we serve
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. bcg provides health and dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, and a matching retirement IRA option. bcg participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are invited to send resume, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references to employment AT boydcatongroup.com.