Boyd Caton Group, Inc. (bcg) is seeking a full-time Construction Management Manager to work in the Washington, DC metropolitan area. The Construction Management Manager provides expertise in the oversight of FTA-funded major capital transit projects. The Construction Management Manager reviews project sponsors’ construction plans and supporting documentation to ensure that projects are being built safely, on budget, on schedule, within scope, and in conformance with applicable regulations and guidelines. The individual serves as a technical resource and subject matter expert in the area of construction management on transit projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This person is responsible for supporting the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) oversight program for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority (WMATA)/ Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority Dulles Airport (Silver Line) rail extension. This person must be able to work independently, directly with FTA, with other oversight team members, and with the Dulles Airport rail extension project staff.
This person must be able to:
- Review construction program documents, such as schedule, inspections, testing, etc
- Conduct on-site rail, signal, civil, and maintenance shop inspections to verify compliance with approved contract submissions
- Review and witness test program, training activities, emergency exercises, and other rail startup activities
- Participate in on-site meetings and briefings to FTA and other oversight team members
- Oversee rail quality management and safety certification programs
- Obtain, analyze, and circulate technical and contractual information to project disciplines
- Analyze situations, identify problems, and clearly communicate solutions
- Understand, interpret, and apply laws, rules, regulations, policies, procedures, contracts and budgets
- Must live in Washington D.C. area and to commute to support project near Dulles Airport
- Minimum of 10 years of experience on large capital projects, including at least 3 years as a Construction Manager in passenger rail or related transportation modes
- Must have a Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Engineering or related field
- Experience with project scope, cost, schedule, quality, safety and risk management required
This is a full-time position and pay will be commensurate with experience. bcg provides health and dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, and matching retirement IRA option. bcg participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are invited to send resume, cover letter, and contact information of three professional references to employment AT boydcatongroup.com.