Boyd Caton Group (bcg) is seeking a full-time Content Creator and Copywriter to work in Washington, DC. In coordination with the bcg team and Federal clients, the Content Creator and Copywriter will strategize, design, and deliver engaging, persuasive, professional content—from work product to marketing and branding materials—in person and via diverse digital platforms, including web-based resources, blog posts, and social media. This position requires impeccable skills in oral and written communication and involves writing and presenting sometimes data-heavy, government-type documents and presentations, at times with minimal supervision. It also requires a high energy level, positive and confident attitude, and a client-first, team-first approach.
The successful candidate will be a dynamic, experienced technical content creator and presenter who produces accurate, clear, concise, and aesthetically-pleasing deliverables. She or he will be someone with drive and a deep understanding of the ways in which strategy and content help clients achieve their aims—skilled in coordinating with clients and the team to translate strategic goals and develop messaging. Content must be written in plain language in accordance with Federal writing style guidelines; free of typographical, grammatical, spelling, punctuation, formatting, and other errors. Experience creating brand content for digital media is also a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., Marketing, Communications).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant experience in providing technical writing support.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills; including presenting.
- Demonstrated ability to create immaculate technical content clearly and concisely in “plain language.”
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office and Adobe Suite, and other graphic creation applications and techniques.
- Ability to synthesize information and convey complex concepts in simple terms.
- Demonstrated initiative and creativity in communication, including digital media.
- Detail orientation, teamwork, organizational and prioritization skills.
- Experience working directly with clients, ability to engage a variety of audiences.
- Ability to work independently, strategize high-profile assignments, and meet tight deadlines.
- U.S. citizenship is required.
This is a full-time position and salary is commensurate with experience. bcg provides health and dental insurance, vacation and sick pay, and a matching retirement IRA option. bcg participates in the E-Verify Employment Eligibility Verification Program.
Interested candidates who meet the requirements above are invited to send resume, cover letter, and the contact information of three professional references to employment AT boydcatongroup.com.