Salary: $42,500 - $45,000
Start date: ASAP
Location: Charlottesville, VA
Boyd Caton Group, Inc. (bcg) is seeking a full-time Data Analyst to work in our Charlottesville offices. We are not just consultants that develop products: we create solutions that positively impact the lives of others. Our thriving employees relentlessly strive to bring value to the lives of our clients, the industries we serve, and each other. Through diversity of ideas and focused ideals, we build relationships based on principles of service and gratitude. We’re looking for an energetic, reliable, confident self-starter to join our team. If you are looking for a rewarding work environment with a growing company, let’s chat.
Spend your days
- Validating annual data reports submitted by transit operators across the U.S.;
- Providing technical assistance to industry stakeholders submitting annual and/or monthly data reports;
- Supporting training for industry stakeholders learning about data reporting systems (may require travel up to 3 times annually);
- Providing support for other special projects including policy documentation, webinars, performance reporting, archived data review, and data product quality checking; and
- Testing software for interface improvements.
Bring with you
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics, or similar;
- Data analysis, data validation, or data wrangling experience;
- Strong written and oral communication skills;
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, etc.);
- Skill with queries, report writing, and presenting findings;
- Microsoft Office fluency;
- Financial/economics, statistics, and/or transit industry experience (preferred); and
- Experience with Jira (preferred).
And you will receive
- Competitive compensation package plus benefits, including health and dental insurance;
- Vacation and sick pay;
- Matching retirement IRA option; and
- A committed team of professionals to spend your days with.
No relocation package – Must live in Charlottesville, Virginia, or surrounding area
Please send a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of “Data Analyst.”
bcg provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. bcg prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Note: Must be able to pass federal government work clearance.